Consumer complaints

If you have a complaint against us for any work carried out or goods supplied, then put this in writing to us at our main address as soon as possible. We will aim to resolve the matter quickly. As a member of the Fife Council Trusted Trader scheme we are bound by their consumer dispute resolution process, and if we are unable to reach agreement then the scheme will provide an informal conciliation service, you can contact them on 0333 444 0185 or email

Should this process fail to conclude the matter, then a referral can be made to Ombudsman Services, who provide an independent, expert dispute resolution service to the Fife Council Trusted Trader scheme. We will abide by their decision.

Our complaints policy

We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our customers.  When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it.  This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please write to us with the details. It is important we get your complaint in writing so we can understand exactly what has gone wrong.

What will happen next? 

1.Within 3 working days: We will send you an initial letter or email acknowledging receipt of your complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure (If you haven’t already been sent one). We will then investigate your complaint.

2. Within 10 working days of our initial letter: If you wish, we will arrange a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. If you prefer this meeting can take place over the telephone.

3. Within 3 working days of our meeting: We will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.

4. Within 15 working days of our initial letter: If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including our suggestions for resolving the matter.

5. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will pass the details to Trusted Trader to attempt to resolve the complaint.

6. If the complaint cannot be resolved at this stage, then we will write to you confirming our final position. You may then have the opportunity to take the matter to the schemes Alternative Dispute Resolution provider, who are an impartial independent body, details of which will be in our final letter.

7. We will do our utmost to keep to the timescales set out above. However, if we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain the reason why.